Sunday, October 7, 2012

I try to take Anthony with me when I need to go outside, partly for his perceived benefit and partly to get him out of my wife's hair.  Even if I have another of our children with me, I put Anthony in the front seat so that if he a) sneezes, it will not be on the person in front of him and b) if he gets angry, he will not reach in front of him to try to scratch his siblings or pull their hair.

However, Anthony unnerved me yesterday by pushing the floor-mounted gear shifter into neutral while I was driving.  I of course told him forcefully that he couldn't do that.  A short time later, however, he reached for it again.  So I raised my voice considerably at him, which, of course, made him very upset.  It's a good thing car windows can sustain some impact, because we otherwise would have a broken window to deal with as well due to his head banging.  I guess he will either remain in the back seat going forward, or he will not go out with us at all. 

************************************************************************************************


We are now having to remove toilet paper from the bathrooms when Anthony goes in by himself.  We have found more than once recently the toilet clogged because he has emptied whatever was remaining of the roll into the toilet--as well as removing the metal cylinder from the toilet paper holder and putting it into the trash.

************************************************************************************************


Anthony likes puzzles, and we sometimes try to keep him out of the kitchen--where he is prone to sneeze on things--by sending him to his room and breaking up multiple puzzles for him to work on.  Today, I found our younger son was in Anthony's room with him, and asked him what he was doing.  He said Anthony had grabbed his hand, took him into his bedroom, and tapped the table where several puzzles had largely been finished.  Our younger son obliged by breaking them up again so Anthony could start over. 

No comments: