Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I suppose this gets old for people who read this blog regularly.  My wife called me today late in my workday to tell me she had the police at our house to prevent Anthony from further attacking her, and asked if I could come home a little early (which I did).  I came home to find my wife with an ice pack on the back of her head--where Anthony had inflicted the most pain among several head butts--and another on her lower leg where Anthony had bitten her after she tried to subdue him by getting him on the floor and sitting on him.  Her knee is also quite painful because Anthony hit it with his head a few times.  Needless to say, she won't be trying to pin him down any more; he is now simply far too strong for her.

Among the household damage: a large hole in the drywall that we thought was well-reinforced by a piece of wood we had put behind a patch for a previous hole; and a toilet seat ripped off.  I was rather impressed with that one.  Amazingly, our dining table set is unscathed--or, nothing is noticeable since it is low-quality to begin with--after he kicked a chair into the table and sent the table itself flying.  

In this case, we probably know the cause of his rage, as benign as it sounds: he needs to go to the bathroom.  He did not have a bowel movement yesterday.  I in fact have learned to avoid taking him outside with me in the evening if he hasn't had a bowel movement during the day, but we didn't have any issues of that sort yesterday; he just didn't go.


No comments: