Sunday, May 9, 2010

Anthony is unable to communicate with spoken language, and for the most part does not show an ability or interest in otherwise actively expressing what he requires. So, we are left to interpret other cues. It is an ongoing education for us.

Perhaps because I usually accompany Anthony to ensure he uses the toilet, he frequently chooses to enter the bathroom when I am using it myself. He was rather agitated in one instance recently, but I did not discern the reason until it was too late, and he urinated on the floor.

I was a bit more fortunate yesterday. He came in and soon began to hold his fingers over his ears, which I have seen him do when he is using the toilet. He was also touching the front of his pants, and generally acting in an unusual manner. I quickly had him sit on the toilet, and he had a bowel movement within seconds.

No comments: