Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today, Anthony bit my wife (his mother). This time was worse than ever before. She has scars from previous bites, but today he bit her on the index finger and palm hard enough to break the skin. He was trying to bite her face when she put up her hand to block him, and he clamped down on it and would... not... let... go. My wife finally resorted to biting him in the neck to get him to release her hand. He himself looks like he has been in a battle zone after my wife tried various things to break free before biting him back.

This may end up being a turning point for us; we now see that we may not have a viable alternative to putting him in a group home if funds are available to do so. He understands that I am capable of hurting him if he attacks me, and he even understands that it is a bad idea to attack his mother if I am nearby, so he actually did look around to see if I was home before assaulting her today. This is not the first time that I have heard of him doing that, but, combined with the intensity of his bites, I am worried for the safety of my wife and our other children when I am not at home. To add to our problems, he opened yet another hole in a wall with his head. He intentionally tries to create holes, as opposed to simply banging his head for the sake of banging his head. He also took off the clothes my wife had him put on, and urinated on his bedroom floor. That was a first as well; he usually just creates a puddle with his clothes on after refusing to go to the toilet.

No comments: