Monday, December 22, 2008

Anthony defecated in the bathtub this evening. That is not particularly unusual, but I am upset with myself because I know better than to leave him in the tub any length of time. I haven't had to deal with this for a while, precisely because I generally attend to him right away. Tonight, however, I had a conversation with my wife that ended up longer than I anticipated due to distractions with our other two children. I even went to check on Anthony with the purpose of washing him shortly, and found his water was not as warm as it should have been because his siblings had opened the bathroom door. I added more hot water and returned to finish my conversation. In that short interval of having warmer water again, Anthony apparently found it too relaxing. I grabbed a plastic bag and transferred the offending matter to the toilet, discarded of that plastic bag, and then used a much larger bag to immerse my hand to pull the plug without the psychological hangup of dealing with contaminated water. Nevertheless, plastic bags do have sufficient porosity to leave a wet feeling, so I end up washing anyway each time this happens.

No comments: