Sunday, March 8, 2015

Anthony had another seizure this afternoon.  It's been just a little over six months since the first one in September.  Interestingly, I had been thinking recently that if he could go for just a little while longer without one, we would probably be in good shape.  One week beyond six months is statistically insignificant, I'm sure, so I'm guessing we shouldn't be surprised to see more in the future.

I was again here when it happened, and was happy for that coincidence so my wife didn't have to deal with him; I also recognized what was occurring immediately whereas she didn't see it happen previously.  This time, he was sitting on a chair rather than standing when it came on.  I managed to get him off the chair quickly, lay him on the floor on his side, and get our other son to bring a pillow to place under his head so he wouldn't hit it on the floor.  I thought about trying to get him to his bed after it ended but my wife talked me out of it, so he went to sleep with the pillow in a walkway.

He lay there for four hours, intermittently sleeping and waking up.  We weren't sure about when to intervene, and did so only when he started to lift himself up and then turn to lie down again.  We're hoping he will be able to sleep without waking us up in the middle of the night.

My wife and I discussed whether to send him to school tomorrow, as we are of the understanding that we should be watching him for the next 24 hours.  However, we did subsequently send him to school when this happened before without incident.  We have decided, however, not to have him go to his service provider after school, just in case something were to happen there.  Given the handcuffing incident on Wednesday, they can use a break from more issues with Anthony again so soon.

No comments: