Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I went to buy some skewers yesterday. When I returned home with my purchase, my daughter asked what skewers are usually used for. The reason she asked that is because skewers are mostly used for something entirely separate from their main purpose in our household.

As with some other information I pass along about Anthony, this is not pleasant. If you have tired of reading about unpleasant issues, please stop reading now until the next post.



I have written about the infrequency of Anthony's bowel movements. Because he rarely goes more than once every five days or so, the output (with its compact nature) clogs the toilet. Unclogging in these cases often cannot be accomplished just with a plunger. I have resorted to using skewers to break up the matter in the toilet. It can take quite a while. My younger son saw me working at this last night after I bought the skewers and said he felt sorry for me. I thanked him for his sympathy.

2 comments:

colleeeen said...

Hi James. Just letting you know I found your blog and have been reading it - you're very honest, even about the awfulness of what it's like to live with Anthony, and I think that's one of the reasons we always liked you so much when we were lucky enough to have you here in overpriced Orange County. I don't think I've ever told you how just flat out sorry I am that you guys have such a heavy burden. I hope blogging about it is at least cathartic for you.

James said...

Thank you Colleen. I felt I simply had to start writing things down the day Anthony went after Satoko with such intensity. As I have continued writing, I have realized that what is "life" to us is certainly atypical for many people, and therefore finds them at least curious about it.